Open topic with navigation
The Universal camera is a full-featured camera, with support for three different camera types. Depending on which camera type is selected, the parameters will adjust accordingly.
- Thin lens/Perspective
Fisheye - These parameters are available when the camera Type is set to Panoramic.
- - The camera's field of view, measured in degrees.
- Fisheye Type - Choose between covering the lens circle in the sensor, or covering the whole sensor.
- Hard Vignette - Renders the lens (Circular fisheye only).
- Fisheye Projection - The projection function used for the fisheye.
Panoramic - These parameters are available when the camera Type is set to Panoramic.
- Horizontal Field of View - The horizontal field of view, in degrees. This sets the X-coordinate for the camera's horizontal field of view in the scene. This is ignored when cube mapping is used.
- Vertical Field of View - The vertical field of view, in degrees. This sets the Y-coordinate for the camera's vertical field of view in the scene. This is ignored when cube mapping is used.
- Cubemap Layout - Determines the configuration for laying out the cubemap.
- Equi-angular Cubemap - Activates an equi-angular cubemap projection.
- Use Distortion Texture - Enables the distortion texture.
- Distortion Texture - The Distortion texture input.
- Spherical Distortion - The amount of spherical distortion.
- Barrel - Straight lines appear curved.
- Barrel (Corners) - Straight lines appear curved, affecting corners.
- Spherical - Rays hitting the edge of the lens focus closer to the lens.
- Coma - Rays hitting the lens edge have a larger field of view.
- Astigmatism - Sagittal and tangential rays focus at different distances from the lens.
- Field Curvature - The curvature of the plane in focus.
- Auto-Focus - Keeps the focus on the closest visible surface at the center of the image, regardless of the aperture, the aperture edge, and focal depth values. This setting is on by default.
- Focal Depth - The depth of the plane in focus, measured in meters. If you are having trouble seeing a result when you adjust this setting, double-check to make sure that Auto-Focus is enabled. Auto-Focus overrides the Focal Depth setting.
- - The radius of the camera's lens opening, measured in centimeters. Low values have a wide depth-of-field, where everything is in focus. High values have a shallow depth-of-field, where objects in the foreground and background will be out of focus.
- Aperture Aspect Ratio - This allows users to squash and stretch the depth-of-field disc.
- Aperture Shape - Controls the shape of the aperture.
- Aperture Edge - Modifies the relative distribution of rays across the aperture, impacting the hardness of the edges of bokeh shapes. Higher values increase the contrast towards the edge. Values between 0 and 1 simulate an apodization filter.
- Blade Count - The number of blades forming the iris diaphragm.
- Aperture Rotation - The rotation of the aperture shape in degrees.
- Aperture Roundedness - The roundness of the blades forming the iris diaphragm.
- Central Obstruction - Simulates the obstruction from the secondary mirror of a catadioptric system. This option is only enabled on circular apertures.
- Notch Position - Determines the position of the notch on the blades.
- Notch Scale - Scale of the notch.
- Custom Aperture - Sets the custom aperture opacity map. The projection type must be set to OSL Delayed UV.
- Optical Vignette Distance - The distance between the lens and the opening of the lens barrel.
- Optical Vignette Scale - The scale of the opening of the lens barrel relative to the aperture.
- Enable - Enables the split-focus diopter.
- Diopter Focal Depth - Depth of the plane in focus measured in meters.
- Diopter Rotation - Rotation of the split-focus diopter in degrees.
- Translation - Translation of the split-focus diopter.
- Diopter Boundary Width - Width of the boundary between the two fields.
- Diopter Boundary Falloff - Controls how quickly the Split-Focus diopter focal depth blends into the main focal depth.
- Show Diopter Guide - Displays guide lines, toggling this option on or off will restart the render.
Open topic with navigation