Open topic with navigation
The current version is v1.02 RC1 and the plugin uses the SDK 1.52.
Version 1.02 RC1:
- The “Render Preview” and the “Render” window now scales correct on images larger than the screen.
- Some problems to catch changes are fixed. This includes texture images changes, add/remove meshes, material changes and environment changes.
- All shaders are rewritten. This are in detail following changes:
- Texture shaders have now the new mapping features from Octane and can be used the same as the ones in Octane standalone.
- All possible values which can have a color value and have as default a float value are changed to color. This is made to see connection between shaders better and to be more flexible without to connect a color shader.
- The shaders now have names which you can change. Like the MR ones.
- The shader has now a color output and can be used as a normal texture.
- After the gamma value is changed in the Octane SDK, your saved image will look the same as the one in the preview/render window. There is also no difference between PNG, , untonemapped and linear tonemapped.
- The preview/render can also shown as 16bit, which isn´t perfect for now, but it is in work.
- The “OctaneLive ID” is now shown in the PPG. This is made to detect which ID is in use on the current computer for multi license users.
- Added a “About” tab in the renderer option where some build information is shown.
- The “Render Region” is back but still under construction.
- Octane can now render instances in Softimage.
- Motion blur is added with an option in the “Render Settings” tab where you can define how many passes are used. The “Max Samples” are used as base for the overall max samples of an image and the calculated sum of all passes should nearly reached this value.
- The environment shader has a new z-rotation.
- Because motion blur is implemented, you must now define which type of output tonemapping you need. It isn´t possible to get an image file with AND without tonemap. To set the tonemap type, you can use the “Tonemap type” in the “Misc” group under the “Render Settings” tab.
- It is now possible to save an EXR as half float.
- You can save multiple formats of images at once.
- Image textures are now shown in the viewport.
- Gradient shader added. This shader can have also an alpha input. This is under construction.
LIMITATIONS AND KNOWN ISSUES:
- Shader compounds aren´t working.
- The “Render Region” can cause a crash when the viewport or the region is resized.
- The “Render Region” will only work correct in the “Camera” viewport.
- preview is disabled at the moment and will be enabled in the next update.
- On large scenes with nested instances (1000+), it can take some time to update. I´m optimistic to speed up this a lot in the next update.
Version 1.01 Beta:
- Envelopes can now be animated.
- Environment Shaders are revised.
- Environment handling is revised.
- Internal shader nodes are now erased correct.
- PPG images are now part of the dll and will be generated on the fly.
- Standard value change for “FilterSize” in the “RenderOptions” from 1.5 to 1.
- Standard value change for Camera “” from 1 to 0.001.
- Value change for “Vignetting” in the standard Imager settings from 0.3 to 0.
Version 1.00 Beta:
- Subdivision changes are rendered correct.
Version 0.94 Alpha:
- Mesh kinematics aren´t rendered in the final rendering.
- Version checking is now possible on ranges.
- Means the plugin version can be newer than a render property without the need to delete the old property.
Version 0.93 Alpha:
- Added Preview scene info.
- Added Preview histgram info.
- Added Preview alpha channel info.
- Added a checkbox to disable the mesh checking for scenes with many meshes.
- Some nodes aren´t deleted in the material preview.
- Translation values in the transformation and translation shader are reversed.
Version 0.92 Alpha:
- Added a history textfile in the OctanePlugin.zip.
- Change values in the Imager or the PostProcess output shaders restart the renderer. This happens when a camera shader is set to the Camera. This is fixed.
- When the renderer is used before, a new scene will set the subsampling value to 2×2. Also fixed.
Version 0.91 Alpha:
- Change the max samples restart the renderer.
- Subsampling on odd render resolutions is working now. Also another algorithm is used. This give you a filter option in the Misc tab.
- Crash on fast de/select is fixed.
- Crash on different resolutions should be fixed.
- Render region is disabled now.
- A bug which isn´t showing the device on single systems in the Misk tab under the Display Device group is fixed.
- Meshes with 0 triangles are filtered out in the change list. Without this fix, the plugin tries to export new meshes.
Version 0.9 Alpha:
- Scene Scaling is working and the value “Factor” is renamed to “Divide Factor”.
- Now it is possible to scale down big scenes to render a visible aperture which is limited to value 100. This factor affects also the scaling of the Octane procedural textures.
- A new Render Option under the “Misc” tab called “Shaderball Options”.
- Here you can set the max samples of the shaderball.
- IOR is set to 1.3 as default.
- The camera shader is now updated in the interactive preview.
- Camera changes should now be faster in the interactive preview.
- Imager is set to Octane standalone default values with a linear camera response curve.
- Depend of the point before, the default ambience power is set to 5. This change is made because the default ambience color of Softimage is R=0.2, G=0.2, B=0.2.
- Math shaders can cause a crash, this is fixed.
- Open the Render properties when the Preview window is open and Octane is initializing can also cause a crash. This is also fixed.
- Cameras and Meshes with constrained kinematics are now catched correct in an animation.
- Changes in a UV-Map are catched correct.
Version 0.8 Alpha:
- Material preview is now working.
- New kernelmode “Interpolated Vertex Normals” for the “Deep Channel” kernel.
- This kernel can be used for error checking your geometry.
- Issue to render animations.
- Skip rendered frames is now working.
Version 0.7 Alpha:
- Add/remove meshes should now working correct.
- Connected shaders on standard Scene_Material are ignored on new generated meshes.
- Stability improvements on the interactive preview when many changes are made.
- Post processing output shader added.
- Standard shader Phong and Blinn parameters for diffuse, specular, transparancy and roughness are now supported. Also Octane shaders which are connected to this ports. ( Unconnected values for specular and transparany only supports the red value which is used as float value in the equivalent Octane shader )
Version 0.6 Alpha:
- Camera is updated correctly on all situations.
- Account activation/deactivation works again how it should.
- New update system.
- New Debug Options which are:
- NodeGraph Window, Log Window and Log Changes in the script editor.
- New GPU setting. It´s now possible to select one GPU which is shared for render and for the display.
- This GPU will run at around 90%. The rest is used for the display to get a better feedback in Softimage.
- Old render property check.
- You get a message, when an old render property is found. To solve this, read the manual section “Update Octane for Softimage”.
Version 0.5 Alpha:
- Stability should be better.
- Material changes are updated, includes the connect/disconnect new shaders.
- GPU devices are set correct (For a check, the devices are logged in the Script Editor).
- A help is available under the OctaneRender menu.
- Help is also available in the PPG´s “?“.
- Misc tab has become a versioning.
- Render property is checked by version (To solve issues with missed Render parameters).
- Camera isn´t updated correctly on some situations.
Version 0.4 Alpha:
- Added new meshes should now work.
- Crash on moving meshes before a pre render.
- The Misc tab under the RenderSettings has now a value for the ambience power.
- The environment is now ready to work.
- For now only simple image textures and the complete daylight system.
Open topic with navigation