Open topic with navigation
The Universal camera is a full-featured camera, with support for five different camera types:
Figure 1: Universal Camera Parameters
Universal Lens Parameters
Target mode - Adds a target item to help orient your light direction.
Target Dist. - Set the target a specific distance from the source.
Camera Mode - Options to set your camera type.
- - The horizontal field-of-view, measured in degrees.
- Lens Shift X - The lens shift on X, as a factor of the image width.
- Lens Shift Y – The lens shift on Y, as a factor of the image height.
- Lens Shift Z – The lens shift on Z, as a factor of the image depth.
- Pixel Aspect Ratio - The pixels' X:Y aspect ratio.
- Field Of View - The camera's field of view, measured in degrees.
- Fisheye Type - Choose between covering the lens circle in the sensor, or covering the whole sensor.
- Hard Vignette - Renders the lens (Circular fisheye only).
- Fisheye Projection - The projection function used for the fisheye.
- Horizontal Field of View - The horizontal field of view, in degrees. This sets the X-coordinate for the camera's horizontal field of view in the scene. This is ignored when cube mapping is used.
- Vertical Field of View - The vertical field of view, in degrees. This sets the Y-coordinate for the camera's vertical field of view in the scene. This is ignored when cube mapping is used.
- Cubemap Layout - Determines the configuration for laying out the cubemap.
- Equi-angular Cubemap - Activates an equi-angular cubemap projection.
- Use Distortion Texture - Enables the distortion texture.
- Distortion Texture - The Distortion texture input.
- Spherical Distortion - The amount of spherical distortion.
- Barrel - Straight lines appear curved.
- Barrel (Corners) - Straight lines appear curved, affecting corners.
- Spherical - Rays hitting the edge of the lens focus closer to the lens.
- Coma - Rays hitting the lens edge have a larger field of view.
- Astigmatism - Sagittal and tangential rays focus at different distances from the lens.
- Field Curvature - The curvature of the plane in focus.
- Near Clip Depth - Distance from the camera to the nearest clipping plane, measured in meters.
- Far Clip Depth - Distance from the camera to the farthest clipping plane, measured in meters.
- Focus Type
- Auto-Focus - Keeps the focus on the closest visible surface at the center of the image. This setting is on by default.
- Focal Depth - Define the focus distance.
- Target Focus - Use the camera target to define focus.
- Focal Depth - The depth of the plane in focus, measured in meters. If you are having trouble seeing a result when you adjust this setting, double-check to make sure that Auto-Focus is enabled. Auto-Focus overrides the Focal Depth setting.
- Use F-Stop And F-Stop - Controls the field-of-view and depth-of-field, similar to a real-world camera. The F-Stop value is the aperture-to-focal-length ratio.
- - The radius of the camera's lens opening, measured in centimeters. Low values have a wide depth-of-field, where everything is in focus. High values have a shallow depth-of-field, where objects in the foreground and background will be out of focus.
- Aperture Aspect Ratio - This allows users to squash and stretch the depth-of-field disc.
- Aperture Shape - Controls the shape of the aperture.
- Aperture Edge - Modifies the relative distribution of rays across the aperture, impacting the hardness of the edges of bokeh shapes. Higher values increase the contrast towards the edge. Values between 0 and 1 simulate an apodization filter.
- Aperture Blade Count - The number of blades forming the iris diaphragm.
- Aperture Rotation - The rotation of the aperture shape in degrees.
- Aperture Roundness - The roundness of the blades forming the iris diaphragm.
- Central Obstruction - Simulates the obstruction from the secondary mirror of a catadioptric system. This option is only enabled on circular apertures.
- Notch Position - Determines the position of the notch on the blades.
- Notch Scale - Scale of the notch.
- Custom Aperture - Sets the custom aperture opacity map. The projection type must be set to OSL Delayed UV.
- Optical Vignetting Distance - The distance between the lens and the opening of the lens barrel.
- Optical Vignetting Scale - The scale of the opening of the lens barrel relative to the aperture.
- Enable - Enables the split-focus diopter.
- Diopter Focal Depth - Depth of the plane in focus measured in meters.
- Diopter Rotation - Rotation of the split-focus diopter in degrees.
- Diopter Translation - Translation of the split-focus diopter.
- Diopter Boundary Width - Width of the boundary between the two fields.
- Diopter Boundary Falloff - Controls how quickly the Split-Focus diopter focal depth blends into the main focal depth.
- Show Diopter Guide - Displays guide lines, toggling this option on or off will restart the render.
- Keep Upright - The panoramic camera always orients towards the horizon, and the up-vector stays in its default vertical direction (0, 1, 0).
Open topic with navigation